Ranch dressing from the store kind of grosses me out, but homemade ranch…I could eat it with a spoon! I’ve tried several good recipes, but most of them call for fresh herbs, or fresh lemon juice. I love this recipe because it uses ingredients I always have on hand, and it’s delicious! If you’re trying to get your kids to eat more veggies, try serving it with this!
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or regular milk
- 3/4 – 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-3 teaspoons white vinegar
Whisk all ingredients together, except for the vinegar (or just dump everything in a big mason jar, put the lid on, and shake the heck out of it). Start adding the vinegar a teaspoon at a time, tasting as you go. Add additional salt & pepper if needed. Store in the fridge (it stays good at least a week or 2!).
Recipe from Barefeetinthekitchen